We received a call from Terry and Sue explaining that they had been feeling unwell at their home in Holywell for a number of days and they thought it may be carbon monoxide poisoning, we told them to turn the boiler off and the gas and go straight to the hospital to get medical attention, carbon monoxide poisoning was confirmed by the hospital and thankfully no serious harm was caused to them.
Anthony and Callum went straight to their home in Holywell to inspect all the gas appliances and found that the boiler was an immediate danger and condemned it, we were asked to quote for a replacement boiler and a date to fit it so they would not be without heat and hot water for too long which we provided straight away. We left them with some portable electric heaters to give them some warmth and immediately ordered the new boiler.
We recommended and installed a Baxi Duotec 28kw combi boiler with a 7 year warranty and fitted a Fernox TF1 filter to it which will collect all the particles and build up and protect the system, new pipe work was installed and within no time we had their home lovely and warm again with piping hot water. And as with all new boiler and central heating installations we carry out, we now provide a FREE Kidde 5co Carbon Monoxide Alarm that comes with the batteries supplied and the alarm has a 7 year warranty too. Terry and Sue are also now on our annual servicing database and again, with all new boiler and central heating installations we carry out, the first years service is FREE.